- Who are we?
- How we may contact you
- How you contact us
- How we keep you informed
- Obtaining Data /Information
- What information Do We Collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Who do we share your information with?
- Who Might Our Panel Of Lenders Share Your Information with?
- What cookies do we use?
- How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep your information safe?
- Your rights and responsibilities
- How long will we retain your information for?
- How to make a complaint?
1. Who are we?
PPINow is a trading name of Apply4.co.uk Limited, who is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities, its registration is recorded on the website http://www.gov.uk/moj/cmr under CRM No: 22097.
Apply4.co.uk Ltd VAT No: GB142 4283 33. Apply4.co.uk Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 06097467), Registered Office; Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 5JB. Licensed by the Information Commissioners Office, (registration number Z2009071).
PPINow are aware how important your privacy is, based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal data that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we PPINow may hold about you our customer, also how we obtain and process any information we may have and importantly how we protect your privacy.
Unless you state otherwise to us, our trusted panel of claim management companies (see further section on "How we keep you informed"
) may contact you via telephone, email, post, SMS, automated messages.
If you are required to telephone us using the specified telephone numbers on our website under the Contact or advertising/marketing correspondence then your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. We pride ourselves in complete customer care and this gives us the opportunity to continuously improve and monitor our customer experience.
4. How we keep you informed
We may want to make contact with you at some point in order to keep you informed regarding offers on products or services which we think you may find of interest, this contact will be made via telephone, email, SMS, automated messages. Third parties may also wish to contact you from the information we have shared with them, any information that is shared to third parties is completely trusted for the purpose it is specified for, third parties may also use the same means of contact stated above.
5. Obtaining Data/Information
The information/data that we would normally collect from you is as follows:
- Email address (if applicable)
- Telephone number (home, mobile, work)
If you register with us and have a question about our services, or alternatively choose to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We may also collect the above personal information/data in this instance in order for us to respond to your enquiry.
Unless the customer states otherwise we will contact the customer via means of telephone, SMS and email to provide information and alerts relating to our services and those of our associate companies. Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked in regards to accuracy and we will endeavor to check your information with you on occasion.
Ensuring your personal details & or preferences are kept up to date.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information we have on record for you is kept up to date and correct. If you do require any of your information to be updated then please contact us as soon as possible so we can ensure it is corrected.
If you require your preferences to be updated then please contact our Compliance Manager as soon as possible (details set out below within "Contact" page).
7. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us when making a claim enquiry online. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the claims you request.
We will store the information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on the Sites and to make it easier for you to use the Sites when making return visits.
We may monitor or record your Calls, Emails, SMS or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training (e.g. where you call our compliance or customer service department), to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
8. How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
to communicate with you, including some or all of the following: ;
- sending you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you - this may include new product launches such as package bank account claims, newsletters and opportunities to participate in market research;
- sending you information regarding your PPI claim in order to provide this service to you, we may also send that information to our partners such as our panel of claim management companies so that they can investigate your claims. When they do this, our partners may carry out soft credit checks on you (see section 9 Who do we share your information with? below for further information on the type of checks that may be undertaken);
- sending you a confirmation email of your claim - when you submit an claim enquiry with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your application by email or SMS so that you have a record of it;
- to process a claim between you and a third party such as the claims management company
- to track sales, which may involve us sharing data with your product provider relating to the product(s) you have purchased. Your product provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have purchased for this purpose;
- to match our data with data from other sources - we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and as well-organised as possible. As well as ensuring that any marketing material that we send you is appropriate to your needs, this process also ensures that our Services continue to be as personalised and focused as possible;
- to circulate our customer survey review which are available to customers once an application has been completed;
- to enable you to share our content with others, e.g. by using any "Email a friend" or "Share this" functionality on our Sites.
- to potentially pass on your data to third parties for marketing purposes as per section 5 where you have consented to do so.
Keeping you informed about the Services: You agree that we and, with your consent, other trusted third parties will be entitled to contact you (depending on your contact preferences) via email, post, telephone, sms, or by other electronic means such as via social and digital media, in relation to products, services and other offers that may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, where necessary we will seek your consent and/or we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to the use and sharing of your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such use.
9. Who do we share your information with?
When you complete an application, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Claim Management companies such as Stanton Fisher Limited and other providers as detailed below.
- Trusted third parties but only where you have opted in to allow us to do so and where we believe their products, services or other offers may interest you.
|Claims Management Companies for the purposes of contacting you about PPI Claims, Packaged Bank Account Claims and Flight Delays Claims
Stanton Fisher Limited
Allay Claims Limited
Calibre Claims Services Limited
- our channel operators: whilst the majority of the channels on our Sites are run by us, some of our channels are designed and maintained for us by our third party service providers. We may receive your personal information from these service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above. We will only use the personal information we receive from third parties where the relevant third party can show that it was collected and processed with your consent;
- the Ministry of Justice and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if required to do so by any court, the Ministry of Justice, the Competition and Markets Authority or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Governmental or law enforcement agency;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
Some of our providers will use your personal information to assess your circumstances and verify the information that you have provided regarding the claim.
This information exchange allows providers to verify the information that is provided during the claim process (including information about any third party who is named on the claim).These checks are not unique to users of our Services - they may also be carried out if you process claims with other sources.
11. What cookies do we use?
- understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application - these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them or they expire. Every time you visit ppinow.co.uk, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies.
12. How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep you safe?
Our Sites are "Let's Encrypt Secure Websites" and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
13. Your rights and responsibilities
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing. The law allows us to charge you a £10.00 fee for a copy of such information and we may do so.
If you would like to opt out of future contact from PPINow please enter your details via www.removeme.co.uk or email email@example.com where your details will be removed from any future marketing campaign.
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
14. How long will we retain your information for?
Once you have submitted your claim enquiry via PPINow we will only hold that information for twelve months. Once the twelve month period has passed all of your personal data will be deleted from our systems. If you require further information on our data retention policies please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. How to make a complaint
PPINow always aim to be fair and honest in everything we do, so if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service we're keen to resolve it as quickly as possible. You can contact us in any of the following ways:
By Post: Complaints Department, PPINow, Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Cheshire, SK10 5JB
By Phone: 01625 32 22 74 (calls are charged at local rates and are inclusive of mobile phone users' free minutes)
By Email: email@example.com
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days and we hope to provide a final response within 4 weeks. We will write to you again within 4 weeks if we are unable to provide a final response within that time period. In any event we will respond to your complaint in full within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to -
You can report any of your concerns to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510